Here’s an opportunity to reconnect with the bird monitoring community and interact on an interesting set of topics.
The symposium is free and open for all interested individuals to attend. All participants (including attendees who are not presenting) must register for the symposium in order to attend.
NOTE : Certificates will not be provided for the symposium.
How to participate
Anyone interested in long term monitoring of birds in India can participate in the symposium. The symposium will mainly operate over Discord. All presentations will be hosted on the Discord Server. Registered participants will be added to the Discord server before the symposium. You can watch the talks, browse posters and interact with other participants over Discord.
Code of conduct
Through this symposium, we aim to build a community of people with common interests and goals towards a larger vision of supporting, encouraging and coordinating bird monitoring efforts in the country. Participants will join us to share their knowledge, experience and resources and therefore, it is of utmost importance to ensure that everyone has a safe, encouraging, and positive experience.
On account of this, we require all participants to abide by the following code of conduct.
- Be considerate and respect the boundaries of all participants.
- Avoid using any kind of intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning speech or content.
- Refrain from aggressively pushing your views and opinions.
- Respect confidentiality requests made by speakers or fellow participants.
- Maintain cordial and professional interactions with all participants.
- Report on any behaviour that makes you or anyone around you uncomfortable.
Consequences of misconduct will lead to immediate removal from the event without any warning, but may also have other consequences.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, you may send an email to [email protected]. All reports will remain completely confidential.